#1 FIWI

FIWI

Lions of the Lowlands

• General
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:23 AM

Hi Gino, could not send a message to you

The following errors were found
This message can not be sent because the recipient's inbox is full.
This personal message has not been sent

My message was :
Hi Gino,
it's Filip -FIWI- from Belgium.

I try to open FJBoccia's picture at http://forums.wildbi...p...ost&id=3038
but I get an error saying I'm not logged in, but I am... (?). The message says :

Board Message
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Why can't I see his picture ?

#2 Jiggersfromsphilly

Jiggersfromsphilly

General

• General
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:05 AM

Gino,

I get the same thing about Frank's picture. I can't open any of the ones posted in the threads.

#3 goldbrick

goldbrick

Major

• Major
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:19 AM

Same thing happens to me with photos. :D

#4 texas38

texas38

Brigadier General

• Brigadier General
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:28 PM

I thought things looked different around here. Trouble is, I've been absent so long I have forgotten where to go to get the latest update on the changes. Also, is one of the changes the fact that you must log in again if you don't pay a visit within 2 or three days of your last visit? I find that every time I decide to pay a visit now I get this message that says I must log in. Bit of a nuisance, I say, but maybe Gino is trying to save on bandwidth. Anyway, if Gino or one of the moderators gets this message, please advise. Thanks.

Marilyn

PS. When did the new changes take effect?

#5 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• Guarnere Family and Staff
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:46 AM

Yeah, looks like a permissions issue on the photo...I'll see what's happening. Of course, the photo works great for me.

I'll check it out and report back when I figure out what's up.

G

#6 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• 1,565 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:50 AM

I logged in as a private and as a general and I can see the photo just fine. You folks are both Generals, so there's nothing going on at the permissions level that would preclude you from seeing a photo. Perhaps a setting on your browser? I'll keep checking and see if I can find what's up. Just a question: Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, which version? Are you using AOL?

Thanks,

Gino

#7 FIWI

FIWI

Lions of the Lowlands

• General
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:41 AM

I'm using Internet Explorer 6, SP2. Not using AOL, logged in through company network behind firewall,
but I believe I had the same trouble at home. Logging in there with ADSL network, Belgian provider - Skynet.
Always worked fine before 'in the ol days'.

#8 FIWI

FIWI

Lions of the Lowlands

• General
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:45 PM

Tried it at home too, same error .... :D

#9 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• 1,565 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:38 PM

Fiwi,

Send me your login credentials in a Private Message. Also, send me the link to a post that contains a picture (meaning one that's giving you the trouble).
Thanks!
Gino

#10 FIWI

FIWI

Lions of the Lowlands

• General
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:35 PM

FIWI,

This is Gino, logged in as you.

When I click on this link:

http://forums.wildbi...p...ost&id=3038

The picture comes up just fine. Make sure you are not trying to visit a "truncated" version of the link (the link you sent me in the Private Message was truncated, and didn't work, which is perhaps your problem). Make sure that the link you click on has everything from the http:// all the way up to the 3038.

Probably a good idea to copy and paste the link once you're logged in.

If I can see it logged in as you, then it works.

Hope that helps a bit. Let me know how you do.

Gino, signed in as FIWI.

Edited by FIWI, 11 June 2007 - 01:35 PM.

#11 FJBoccia

FJBoccia

General

• + Editor
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:46 AM

Gina, I can't imagine it is just me. First, the "pages" function, which was pretty useful, is not working as of this morning. Secondly, "new content" doesn't always work the way it did in the past. Any new posting on a given topic remained in the "new content" file until an individual member opened it. It has been that way since I joined back in 2006. Now, however, I will look into new content, see nothing, and then go into "pages", open an existing topic and see as many as three or four postings by various members that I had never seen before.

On the plus side, I do like the messages board as it is now set up, where I can follow a personal message thread without having to go into and out of each individual message.

FJB

#12 DriveOn

DriveOn

General

• General
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

I also don't see the posts that I should be seeing (normally I sell all posts whether I've read them before or not). More than that, when I click on 'Today's Active Content', I get an error page with this message at the top:

Warning: mysqli_query() [function.mysqli-query]: (HY000/1194): Table 'p' is marked as crashed and should be repaired in /home/wildbill/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classDbMysqliClient.php on line 222

#13 Irishmaam

Irishmaam

Honorary Lions of the Lowlands

• + Paratrooper
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

I dont see anything at all when I go to a topic there is nothing there?

#14 IMike

IMike

General

• General
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

I may be doing something wrong, but when I add a comment to a topic (or sometimes when I just read a topic), I can't get back to the original <New Content> page. All I am shown are those topics which received comments after I logged onto the forum. The other topics originally shown as new are no longer accessible.

Mike

#15 FJBoccia

FJBoccia

General

• + Editor
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

I may be doing something wrong, but when I add a comment to a topic (or sometimes when I just read a topic), I can't get back to the original <New Content> page. All I am shown are those topics which received comments after I logged onto the forum. The other topics originally shown as new are no longer accessible.

Mike

That's what the "pages" header did, Mike, but as of this morning that's not working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users