6 replies to this topic

#1 Morgy

Morgy

Lions of the Lowlands

• General
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:53 PM

Hello,

I've just noticed the "rating option" in my profile. I didn't know it was there. In fact I don't really know what it is about :) and I'm sorry I rated member Airchallenged by clicking on the small stars (I was just checking if he/she also had 4 stars in his/her profile because I thought it was maybe linked to the rank on the boards).

I'm sorry if my question sounds stupid.

All the best to everyone and especially Gino (thanks for all the good work here!).

Morgane

Edit: in fact there are 5 stars so it can't be linked to the rank.. Yes I'm stupid AND I'm blind. :D

Edited by Morgy, 23 October 2007 - 12:54 PM.

#2 AQuaker

AQuaker

General

• General
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hello,

I've just noticed the "rating option" in my profile. I didn't know it was there. In fact I don't really know what it is about :) and I'm sorry I rated member Airchallenged by clicking on the small stars (I was just checking if he/she also had 4 stars in his/her profile because I thought it was maybe linked to the rank on the boards).

I'm sorry if my question sounds stupid.

All the best to everyone and especially Gino (thanks for all the good work here!).

Morgane

Edit: in fact there are 5 stars so it can't be linked to the rank.. Yes I'm stupid AND I'm blind. :D

Don't feel bad. Last week I discovered I had been promoted to Sergeant, and I haven't a clue how that happened. Is it based on posts? As the daughter of a Chief Petty Officer, I feel out of sorts with Army rankings. I once thought about going into the Navy. It was in the 80s. I had a MA in American History. Can't tell you how interesting job hunting was. Since I look good in blue, I thought the Navy was a good option, but my father, God rest his soul, assured me that none of the armed services would be quite ready for someone who was as opinionated and mouthy as I was at the time. He didn't put it quite that way, but I knew what he meant. :)
PS I refuse to become an officer. If being a Sergeant was good enough for Wild Bill, then it is fine with me.

#3 Airchallenged

Airchallenged

Lieutenant

• Lieutenant
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:52 PM

I don't know what it does either but I hope it was good :D

Yeah your rank is based on the number of posts you make.

Matt

Edited by Airchallenged, 23 October 2007 - 11:58 PM.

#4 StandupHookup

StandupHookup

Captain

• Captain
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:50 AM

Don't feel bad. Last week I discovered I had been promoted to Sergeant, and I haven't a clue how that happened. Is it based on posts? As the daughter of a Chief Petty Officer, I feel out of sorts with Army rankings. I once thought about going into the Navy. It was in the 80s. I had a MA in American History. Can't tell you how interesting job hunting was. Since I look good in blue, I thought the Navy was a good option, but my father, God rest his soul, assured me that none of the armed services would be quite ready for someone who was as opinionated and mouthy as I was at the time. He didn't put it quite that way, but I knew what he meant. :D
PS I refuse to become an officer. If being a Sergeant was good enough for Wild Bill, then it is fine with me.

AQUAKER, take a look at this, its extremely helpful. It tells you how many posts needed for each rank.

http://forums.wildbi...hp?showtopic=35

#5 AQuaker

AQuaker

General

• General
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:25 AM

AQUAKER, take a look at this, its extremely helpful. It tells you how many posts needed for each rank.

http://forums.wildbi...hp?showtopic=35

I did and already I know I don't want to be an officer. :D So I am going to be really careful from here on out. :)

#6 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• Guarnere Family and Staff
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:49 PM

just added the rank feature..

#7 Frenchie

Frenchie

General

• + Paratrooper
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:24 PM

I saw this today and asked myself the same question... even thought the other members could rate us!!! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users