8 replies to this topic

#1 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• Guarnere Family and Staff
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:42 AM

Hey ya'll,

My dad has decided to offer my grandfather's book on our little store, and he's accepting Paypal to help accommodate all the folks overseas. Hope this helps some of you who wanted a book but couldn't send a check.

Visit the store for details

#2 iiiecpiii

iiiecpiii

Major

• Major
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:07 PM

Spent the afternoon watching BOB on The History Channel today. Saw a very cool add for Bill and Babe's book.....

#3 Rick

Rick

Buck Private

• Buck Private
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

Just finished reading Bill and Babes book for a second time...I felt compelled to post on here that I was really moved reading the book for a second time even more than the first!These guys are the "Real Deal".The second time through I actually got a little more choked up in some chapters.This book let me take a small glimpse into the lives of these 2 great men,and after reading the book I felt Like I knew them,As I knew my Grandpa or great uncles.I particularly like the end when they are sitting close by to the Liberty Bell.I served in a few conflicts/campaigns...and I am so proud to have served knowing that great men like this served before me.THis book leaves me taking a deep breathe and saying "God Damn...".Im honored to know these men and thier history,even if its just through this web site.Thanks for giving us a look into a window of history,freindship,and triumph,and thanks for letting us into the personal lives of 2 great men.
"It is worth it".And Im even more proud to be a veteran after reading this book.
James Rickenbaugh.

#4 Troy Hetland

Troy Hetland
  • Buck Private
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

As a former marine with combat service in both Pamana and the 1st Gulf War I can relate. Thanks Bill.

#5 MarineWife

MarineWife
  • Buck Private
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

I just finished "Brothers In Battle, Best of Friends" last night. What a great read! Thank you so much for sharing your story with the world, Bill. You are loved and appreciated by so many. Thanks for being you.

Edited by MarineWife, 01 April 2008 - 09:09 PM.

#6 ianhay_7

ianhay_7

General

• General
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:27 PM

Book arrived today in excellent condition, my thanks to the Guarnere organiser and my thanks to Bill for signing it. Yet another treasured item from the Mercantile :D

Ian

#7 Katerina

Katerina
  • Buck Private
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:37 AM

I have read this book too. It is so great. I am so happy that Bill and Babe share their Memory with us. I have read so many books, that I have the feeling as if I know the men of the Easy Company. They describe them so well. I have read it in the train every morning and evening when I was goint to and from work. Sometimes, I have to stop reading, because I was totally chocked up. This book is so affecting.

Thank you very much, for writing this book.

#8 alise

alise

Major

• Major
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

I received my signed copy of "Wild Bill's and Babe"'s book on Friday!!! after a hard day at work (I'm a soldier) I was really bummed but, then I saw the package in the mail. You would of thought I'd won the lottery.

I can't help it I truly respect these Veterans as well as all of them.

Thanks again "Wild Bill" for signing the book!

SSG Upshaw

P.S. I've read the book already.

#9 Bosco

Bosco
  • Buck Private
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:01 AM

This book looks amazing! I can't wait to get it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users