• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AQuaker

AQuaker

General

• General
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:58 AM

I have some cool images of Tokyo under the occupation, but when I try to upload them, it ask for a URL. My images are not on a URL. Am I just out of luck?

#2 Mr_Sunray

Mr_Sunray

General

• General
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

I have some cool images of Tokyo under the occupation, but when I try to upload them, it ask for a URL. My images are not on a URL. Am I just out of luck?

I think you have to be a paying member to upload pictures from your PC. You can host these on a third party website such as Imageshack and then you'll have a URL.

Steve

#3 CJMello

CJMello

Sergeant

• Sergeant
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:23 PM

Each ISP offers space. Just have to use either their FTP program on your own. But as mentioned above imageshack or Photobucket will work.

#4 AQuaker

AQuaker

General

• General
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:10 PM

I think you have to be a paying member to upload pictures from your PC. You can host these on a third party website such as Imageshack and then you'll have a URL.

Steve

I thought tht might be the case from what I read on a previous post in another forum, but I wanted to be sure. If anyone wants to see some Japanese planes, a ship in the harbor, a street scene in Tokyo right after the war as well as wonderful shot of sailors looking at the Golden Gate Bridge as their ship sails out for parts unknown just email me, and I will send them right along.

#5 AQuaker

AQuaker

General

• General
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:45 AM

Each ISP offers space. Just have to use either their FTP program on your own. But as mentioned above imageshack or Photobucket will work.

Thank you, but what is an FTP or an ISP? I just use the computers, I don't know what makes them work. :D

#6 Frenchie

Frenchie

General

• + Paratrooper
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:13 AM

Shelia,

I've had the same problem and we're not the only ones!
Open an account with Photobucket (it's free) or anothersimilar site and you can upload your photos on there and then have a link to paste and copy here.

Nathalie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users