Photo

Wbg Forums Philadelphia Reunion, 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your dates (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Please select the best weekend for your travel to Philly

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose

Major

• Major
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hmm.... could be a problem. It's not an option for me to go without my daughter.

#17 misako

misako

General

• General
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

Robbie are you going? I hope you are, because you take good pics usually. Where are you anyhow? come out, come out, wherever you are!

#18 AQuaker

AQuaker

General

• General
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

Well, Could you come and then just stay as long as the little one holds out? We could take turns entertaining her. I promise not to sing or teach her any liberal, pc lullabies. :D

Hmm.... could be a problem. It's not an option for me to go without my daughter.

Edited by AQuaker, 07 October 2009 - 07:50 PM.

#19 Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose

Major

• Major
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

Well...... okay, as long as you promise not to sing her the Mmm-Mmm-Mmm/Barack Hussein Obama song that all those poor little kiddies in New Jersey were forced to sing. :D

Seriously, though, that is a very sweet offer. Perhaps you should have met her before you volunteered- she can be quite a handful! Nonstop questions, observations...... and the occasional temper tantrum. :)

Sarah

#20 FJBoccia

FJBoccia

General

• + Editor
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

Seriously, though, that is a very sweet offer. Perhaps you should have met her before you volunteered- she can be quite a handful! Nonstop questions, observations...... and the occasional temper tantrum. :D

Sarah

I'm confused. Are you talking about your daughter or my wife? When did you meet her?

FJB

ps Back to the topic at hand... I don't want to alarm anyone, but it is possible that I may be able to attend this event... of course, this may may put the kiss of death on the whole idea, but I can do the first or second weekend in April with no problem, and might be able to fit in the third, although I'd prefer the first two.

FJB

#21 EmersonBigguns

EmersonBigguns

Eddie Van Halen ;-)

• + Paratrooper
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:36 AM

...is this a kid-friendly event?

Sarah

They let me in in 2006 didn't they?

:D

#22 Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose

Major

• Major
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:39 AM

I'm confused. Are you talking about your daughter or my wife? When did you meet her?

Let me guess....... your wife is Italian? :D

Sarah

Edited by Yellow Rose, 08 October 2009 - 09:40 AM.

#23 AQuaker

AQuaker

General

• General
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

It must be different when you fly from overseas. The costs are the same for all three days if I fly out of Charlotte. However, If I fly out of Raleigh, it is almost two hundred dollars cheaper. Being a hub t'aint much bub. :D

My preference is the first option, however not fussed. An early decision on a date will be welcome mainly to take advantage of the cheapflights. Failing the early deal, the cost of the flights may be out of my price range in the current climate.

Ian

#24 Steve1979

Steve1979

General

• General
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

Itīs some kind of poker game - sometimes itīs better to book an oversea flight as early as possible, sometimes you get a way better price if you wait for the last minute - and of course this all varies depending on the airport and airline

About 2 months ago you could fly from Frankfurt to NY via Air France for about 130 Euros - both ways, taxes included - if you check for the same flight today, you have to pay at least double ( or more ) the price :D

#25 ianhay_7

ianhay_7

General

• General
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

It must be different when you fly from overseas. The costs are the same for all three days if I fly out of Charlotte. However, If I fly out of Raleigh, it is almost two hundred dollars cheaper. Being a hub t'aint much bub. :D

At the moment a flight direct to Philly is just about affordable for April, there may well be cheaper deals out there flying elsewhere and getting a train or bus etc - I will have a thorough search when and if a date is agreed. I might or love to be able to take a week or two in the States and tour a little or explore Philly in more detail.

Where's Cindy et al?

Get the numbers up! :)

#26 Steve1979

Steve1979

General

• General
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:47 AM

I thought about this too :D

Flying to Washington for some sightseeing, driving to Philly for the meeting and back to DC for the flight back :)

#27 AQuaker

AQuaker

General

• General
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

Yo! Heads up all you dirty rats!

We need to get these numbers up! This is Wild Bill were talking about here! We owe it to the man we all love and admire. How about carpooling or traveling together some other way? If you live in NC or along the I-85 corridor, let's see what we can work out. Email me offline after you commit here.

Get the numbers up! :D

#28 misako

misako

General

• General
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:54 PM

They let me in in 2006 didn't they?

Does that mean you are going?!!! come on, Robbie

#29 appell8

appell8

General

• + Paratrooper
  • 8,616 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:01 PM

I have a law school reunion on April 30. So, all else being equal, earlier is better for me.

But, in any event, it would mean a lot to see Wild Bill again.

It would also be great to see many of the rest of you. Litigation vagaries aside, count me in.

Edited by appell8, 08 October 2009 - 11:04 PM.

#30 Rick

Rick

Buck Private

• Buck Private
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

Hi, I dont post on here much but I do stop by daily the past few years to check up on the News and happenings of Bill. My wife and I will deffinately be attending this year. Any weekend in april is fuine with us.
thanks!
Jamie & Mindy Rickenbaugh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users