• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• Guarnere Family and Staff
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

Lots of cool changes in what will be our 5th iteration of the main Wild Bill Guarnere site...a social community that will live outside the forums, new store, tons of Guarnere family never-seen photos and letters, it's gonna be really cool.

Sneak Peak:

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen shot 2011-01-26 at 5.15.08 PM.png

#2 Frank Gubbels

Frank Gubbels

Lions of the Lowlands

• General
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Awesome Gino, I have some WildBill pics from his visit to Bastogne and Margraten in 2006, if you need them ... just let me know.
All the best to you and your family,
Frank

#3 alise

alise

Major

• Major
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:18 AM

Absoutly wonderful! I can't wait to see more!

AWESOME,AWESOME,AWESOME!

Alise

#4 AQuaker

AQuaker

General

• General
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

Way cool Gino!

Shelia

#5 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• 1,565 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

Awesome Gino, I have some WildBill pics from his visit to Bastogne and Margraten in 2006, if you need them ... just let me know.
All the best to you and your family,
Frank

Hey Frank,

I will totally let you know. In fact, maybe I can have you be one of our testers for that part of the website. Let me know if interested!

G

#6 G.MITCHELL

G.MITCHELL

General

• General
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

It looks good Gino, I like the way it makes "Wil Bill" far more prominent, after all, he is our figure-head !

#7 Frank Gubbels

Frank Gubbels

Lions of the Lowlands

• General
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Hey Frank,

I will totally let you know. In fact, maybe I can have you be one of our testers for that part of the website. Let me know if interested!

G

I am surely interested Gino. If I understand everyone will understand it so I would like to be one of the testers haha.
Give WildBill my best wishes please.
Regards,
Frank

#8 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• 1,565 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

Yeah the basic idea is that the entire site will become more of an interactive social media site for people interested in our niche topic. There have been a lot of areas that I've wanted to update for a long time, but I wanted to wait for the technology to catch up and for the most part it has. A lot of what we'll be doing should make the site a lot more interactive on the FRONT end (not the forums, they'll stay like they are). I've always felt the rest of the site gets no attention, and that'll change with this newest version.

Stay tuned!

#9 Barbara and Ryan

Barbara and Ryan

Colonel

• Colonel
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

Whew! Gino, thank you for putting a 'buy it now' button about the book, Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends', right on the first page and large enough that folks can easily see it ... as I can't tell you how many folks I send over to the forum from youtube to purchase the book and they have trouble finding where to go to buy it.

#10 gilliesisle

gilliesisle

General

• General
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Looks adn sounds good! A little off topic, but when are we going to see the video from the WBG reunion?!

Lisa

#11 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• 1,565 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:07 AM

Looks adn sounds good! A little off topic, but when are we going to see the video from the WBG reunion?!

Lisa

Not off topic at all! Planning to launch the new website with the video. Should be about a month!

G

#12 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• 1,565 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:09 AM

Whew! Gino, thank you for putting a 'buy it now' button about the book, Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends', right on the first page and large enough that folks can easily see it ... as I can't tell you how many folks I send over to the forum from youtube to purchase the book and they have trouble finding where to go to buy it.

Hey Barbara,

Hope you're doing well. I agree and much of the site is going to focus more on Wild Bill "the man" and things like photos, memorabilia will be more at the forefront. Oh, and by the way, we'll be featuring a lot of your Wild Bill YouTube videos, too, if that's ok with you!

G

#13 Barbara and Ryan

Barbara and Ryan

Colonel

• Colonel
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

Hey Barbara,

Hope you're doing well. I agree and much of the site is going to focus more on Wild Bill "the man" and things like photos, memorabilia will be more at the forefront. Oh, and by the way, we'll be featuring a lot of your Wild Bill YouTube videos, too, if that's ok with you!

G

Gino,

I am feeling great!

Cool beans that you will feature the video's! I don't mind at all and in fact am honored you want to use them. I hope to do another soon; have a great idea and want to get it on film.

#14 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• 1,565 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

Glad you're feeling great, Barbara.

All, we'll need some beta testers in about a month or so. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks!

G

#15 Frank Gubbels

Frank Gubbels

Lions of the Lowlands

• General
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Count me in Gino!
Regards,
Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic