• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nvrsummer2

nvrsummer2
  • Buck Private
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

Well I finally got in...

I have been a fan of Band Of Brothers since day one. But for some reason I never got past the movie. About a year ago I started reading a lot of WW2 books. I came across Ambrose' book and decided to give it a try. After finding how much time they spent trying to make it reflect the real events of the war. I gotta say I was impressed. I have since watched it about 20 times. And just recently bought it on Blu-ray.

I also found Bill and Babes book and absolutely loved it. Their stories and the writing really give the book a lot of character. I really enjoyed my personalized copy! Thanks Bill!!

I have also read most of Ambrose' other books. And of course Major Winters' as well. I was truly sad the day I found about his passing. These guys really did save the world. And they should be regarded as heroes no matter how much they disagree.

Cant wait to interact with all of you and see all there is to see!!!

#2 Steve1979

Steve1979

General

• General
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:53 AM

Welcome to the forums :)

This board is filled with a lot of informations which you wont find in any books - I learned alot during my time here

Have fun :)

#3 Frank Gubbels

Frank Gubbels

Lions of the Lowlands

• General
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:36 AM

Welcome aboard. Take a look around and stay in touch with us. You can learn a lot here.
Regards,
Frank

#4 AQuaker

AQuaker

General

• General
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:15 AM

Welcome.

Shelia B

#5 maddevon

maddevon

Major

• Major
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

Welcome aboard. There is probably more information on here than you could ever get through, but it sure is fun trying.

#6 FJBoccia

FJBoccia

General

• + Editor
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

Welcome. There's much to read and learn here. Have fun with it.

FJB

#7 nvrsummer2

nvrsummer2
  • Buck Private
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:10 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. Ive been lurking on this site for a few months.

I feel like im late to the party though. I wish I had payed more attention when all this was first taking off. Then maybe I could have met some of these guys. Im sure they still do appearances, but mostly close to home. I live in California and ive seen they dont get out here much. Malarkey lives up in Oregon. So ill have to keep a lookout for anything going on up there.

Are there any full length interviews of any of the guys? I'd really like to see one of Wild Bill or Babe. All ive been able to fing are the BoB clips and the We stand alone interviews. Id like to see more full length ones if possible.

#8 G.MITCHELL

G.MITCHELL

General

• General
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

Hello and good evening to you "nvrs", I note your enthusiastic entrance to the site - so welcome !

Id like to see more

Please use the search function for "Barbara and Ryan"`s ( a very pleasant Lady member) interviews with Mr Guarnere himself.

I feel like im late to the party though

A great deal of water has passed under the bridge, however if you delve and search archive materials you`ll get the gist and the gems.

All the best.

#9 misako

misako

General

• General
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hello and a big welcome. It is lovely to meet you :)

Misako

#10 bierman9

bierman9

Captain

• Captain
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

Welcome, Friend!!!

This is a great site! Enjoy!!

Currahee!!

David

#11 ianhay_7

ianhay_7

General

• General
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:51 AM

Welcome, everything you need to know and more is in here somewhere including how not to cook spaghetti :D . I recommend Veterans Stories as your first port of call, sadly we have lost a couple of veterans who posted here recently, The Colonel USAF and PegasusEddie 6th Airborne, read their threads as well as the rest, well worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users