• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46 misako

misako

General

• General
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:33 PM

Really advise others too in reading the book and/or watching the movie.....

I have a video of the film. I'd recommend it for sure... it's so..... I cry just about everytime I see it.
I didn't expect to see the name of Corrie ten Boom's book in these forum somehow! :D

#47 kaylabeth

kaylabeth

Captain

• Captain
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:01 PM

I know what you mean, Misako. I've read The Hiding Place at least 10 times! Did you know that there is a little museum of sorts at the "Beje" in old Haarlem? I understand that they've tried to keep the ten Boom's watch shop and home like it was when Corrie and her family were hiding Jews there........right down to "Tante Jans'" rooms (remember her? the strong-willed widowed aunt who took up the entire second floor when she moved in? But, they didn't mind - after all, she was Tante Jans !!)

I have a couple audio cassette tapes of Corrie giving one of her many talks......oh, Misako, what a precious, beautiful person she was! Sounds like you feel the same! We ought to have a subforum just for her and Diet Eman, too!

Deanna

P.S. Corrie wrote a book several years after "The Hiding Place" titled "In My Father's House" which is about her family before the war......Wonderful!!! If you ever get the chance to read it.........

#48 misako

misako

General

• General
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:09 PM

Dear Deanna,
I've got "In My Father's House" book :D , it's sitting next to Brother Andrew's books.
I know she was a beautiful person despite of all the suffering she went through. She remained loving and humble towards everyone, I was told that by a good friend of mine who is a friend of Brother Andrew. Brother Andrew persoanlly must have said that, because my friend never met C.t.Boom.
I didn't know anything about the museum. I would love to visit it.....the watch shop... what a story... I can't get over the fact how she stayed the way she was after all THAT. I mean she and others went through so much, their suffering is beyond my comprehention.
The book reminds me of a scripture about us going through a fire coming out as a purer gold.
thank you for letting me/us know about museum. I will look into that more. misako

#49 misako

misako

General

• General
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:53 PM

Mark, I've just reread all your posts. Thanks so much for posting them. It'll take me some time to study them I think, but thank you. misako

#50 marloes

marloes
  • Buck Private
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:22 PM

Once more excellent posts Mark, well done.

#51 StandupHookup

StandupHookup

Captain

• Captain
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:46 PM

If anyone is interested, may I suggest a brilliant book. It is called survival, and is a collection of Holocaust survivors stories.
It is an emotional read but very interesting.
Foreword by Sir Martin Gilbert.

#52 sapper

sapper

General

• General
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

While on the Operation "Market garden" The Arnhem battle. On the way North we heard that a small concentration camp had been found in the low countries. After 69 years I still recall its name...Something like ..."Breendonk"...????
Any one know of it?
Sapper

#53 EmersonBigguns

EmersonBigguns

Eddie Van Halen ;-)

• + Paratrooper
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

Have a look around this site, Brian:

http://www.breendonk.be/EN/

Looks like it was in Belgium. Nasty little place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users