• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• Guarnere Family and Staff
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 01 April 2002 - 11:53 PM

Well, we're takin' a chance on this forum, but we're hoping some of the actors who appeared in "Band of Brothers" will stop by here and start some light banter so we can all ask questions of you guys...so grab yourself a registration name and let us know you're here!

#2 fjh

fjh

Honorary Staff Sergeant

• Staff Sergeant
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 10:22 AM

g,

great job with the site!

fjh

#3 fjh

fjh

Honorary Staff Sergeant

• Staff Sergeant
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 10:27 AM

g,

you must be nuttier than a fruitcake!

when i logged in i was told i was a buck private!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!

why the demotion? i 'woiked' hard for three up and one down. i want my staff sargent status back!

all the best and then some,
fjh

#4 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• 1,565 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 10:29 AM

Well everyone, I'd like to welcome none other than Frank John Hughes to our boards.  Naturally, I have to promote him to Sergeant right way, since he's certainly paid his dues...

Thanks, Frank, for posting on "gramp's" site.

Gino

#5 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• 1,565 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 10:32 AM

Ok Frank,

You're a Staff Sergeant...

#6 psumner

psumner

General

• General
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 10:39 AM

FJH,

First, a heartfelt thanks for dropping by, we're very glad to have you here.

I thought your portrayal of Wild Bill was excellent, but this isn't anything you haven't heard a million times already.

If you get a chance, I'd love to hear what making BoB meant to you, and what you're working on these days.

Be sure to invite the other BoB actors here if you stay in touch with them!

Paul

#7 homefront41

homefront41

General

• General
  • 6,762 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 11:13 AM

Frank,  Bravo on your terrific portrayal of Sgt. Guarnere.  First rate in every way.  And I'd also like to thank you for the wonderful acceptance you delivered at the AFI awards in January.  You and Scott and Rich could not have represented the production and the Easy men any better.  Good job.

I certainly hope this isn't your first visit to any of the fan sites for Band of Brothers.  You and the rest of the cast have thousands of devoted fans who will follow you and your careers for the duration.  

What's your next project to be released?  Hope you'll come back to tell us what to look for.  BK

#8 BoB Queen

BoB Queen

Foxhole Company

• Lieutenant General
  • 888 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 11:51 AM

FJH,
I just wanted to say that you did a great job on the series.  I cheered when BOB's won for Best Mini-series @ the Golden Globes.  It was great to see all of the actors there & celebrating on the victory.  Sorry to see that Ron & Damien lost but it showed everyone that they earned their nominations.
I would love to hear about your new projects (heard that you are in the new Tom Hanks movie)
Please pass the word on the other guys about this website. (they have alot of fans in this board & others that would love to hear from them)
Hope to hear back from you soon.
Melissa

#9 Daffie

Daffie

Lions of the Lowlands

• Colonel
  • 509 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 01:56 PM

Welcome Sgt. FJH (although officially I'm still your superior).

I just wanted to say what the others before me already said, that you and your collegues (sp?) did a wonderfull job on recreating one of the most important parts of our history.

I have a question though. How has this changed your view of WWII after working on this serie?

Hope to hear some more soon.

Greetings from across the ocean,
Daphne :D

#10 Neon

Neon

Sergeant

• Staff Sergeant
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 03:32 PM

Welcome FJH!!

it`s certainly a great honor to have an actor of your caliber here

hope we can share thoughts about WW2 and
many more things as friends

thanks for taking the time to stop by

#11 hooper117

hooper117

Foxhole Company

• + Paratrooper
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 06:17 PM

Frank,it's great of you to post here.You did an amazing job of portraying Wild Bill.And you've made a lot of fans across the world.
Thanks to you and the rest of the outstanding cast of BoB you helped open up a lot of people's eyes to what the men of WWII did for their country.Thank you for bringing this story to life.It has meant so much to me and to my sons over these last few difficult months in America.
My life has forever been changed due to BoB,as I'm sure yours has been.I look forward to seeing you in all your future projects.
Sue :D

#12 STRIKEHOLD

STRIKEHOLD

General

• General
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 08:30 PM

FJH,

Welcome!  I thought you did a great acting job on "Band Of Brothers".  I also want to thank you and all your fellow actors for helping to bring this story of Easy Company to life.  These guys were extraordinary men who sacrificed much for our country and their story needed to be told.  

Jim

#13 ToeKnee

ToeKnee

Lieutenant

• Lieutenant
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 08:39 PM

Mr. Hughes,

I second what everyone else said.  Thank you for your great performance, and I look forward to your future work!

Tony

#14 appell8

appell8

General

• + Paratrooper
  • 8,616 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 09:34 PM

FJH, "What the hell is that?"  You're still in character!  And you couldn't hardly choose a better character to inhabit.

Yeah, like they all said, you were great.  But even better, you had Wild Bill himself saying on NPR that "Jeez, my grandkids say 'he's more your than you gramps.'"   As an actor, you just gotta feel great about that.

As others have said, every one of you actors has picked up an intense fan club who will continue to follow your careers.  The scripts, the production values, the acting, the true story that you were portraying, all combined to make this production extremely special.

And you, FJH, did your vet proud.  Take a bow, Doug Jordan

#15 ginoguarnere

ginoguarnere

Runnin' like an animal.

• 1,565 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 10:04 PM

Is that true?  I thought that was the correct patch...perhaps you could find the correct one, Appell8, and I'll make the change!  There are way more ranks than I thought...

Let me know what you can find...
Thanks!

App:

I'm checkin all over the net and it seems that this is correct...the master sergeant has 3 up and 3 down.  I think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)